Who are these scholarships for?
RURAL CHANCES scholarships are for young rural Victorians who are facing significant financial or social challenges, who have career aspirations and want to/or are studying at TAFE or undertaking an apprenticeship.
To meet the eligibility criteria applicants will need to:
- Be 16-24 years of age;
- Hold a current Centrelink health care card, or can provide evidence of significant financial hardship;
- Identify a TAFE qualification (Certificate III or above) they would like to enrol in or are enrolled in OR an apprenticeship they would like to undertake;
- Be planning to train in a skill area where there are skills shortages in rural/regional Victoria;
- Be willing to have a mentor supporting their learning;
- Be willing to be accountable for the use of scholarship funds;
- Be willing to participate in publicity/promotional material and research.
Where can I find more information about TAFE courses and fees?
To find out what TAFE courses are available you can look at the individual TAFE websites.
- To get general information about training in Victoria https://www.skills.vic.gov.au/
- To get an overview of TAFE courses in Victoria, click here
- To get information about free TAFE courses in Victoria in 2019 https://www.vic.gov.au/freetafe/free-tafe.html