Mental Wellbeing Support Resources
Resources/places to go:
SmilingMind App: https://www.smilingmind.com.au/smiling-mind-app/
- Free to download
- Sleep programs
- Guided mindfulness (body, mind, eating, exercise)
Headspace App: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Guided mindfulness and meditation programs
- Find lived experience stories of young people struggling with their mental well-being.
- Find knowledge and skill resources to lead a mentally healthy life.
Beyond Blue: https://www.instagram.com/beyondblueofficial/
- Instagram page is wonderful! Lots of great articles and tips on how to have a happy and healthy mind.
Black Dog Institute: https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/
- Find amazing resources and support for mental illness and maintaining a health state of mind.
- An interactive self-help book which helps you to learn and practise skills which can help to manage symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Head to Health (government initiative): https://headtohealth.gov.au/
- The Department of Health have produced this initiative to provide valuable resources about mental health and mental illness.
- Mindfulness – mindful walking, colouring, sitting
- Journaling – Write a gratitude journal, writing down 3 things that you are grateful for each day can help with perspective and grounding (rewires positive pathways in your brain!).This App by the Resilience Project can guide your journaling each day.
- Trying something new – knitting, craft, make stress balls out of rice and balloons, paint, draw
- Self-management – clean out your phone, wardrobe, rearrange your bedroom, sort out photo albums, sort out school stuff, reflect on your purpose or Dyeem Borrmah (Wathaurong language).
- Dadirri – deep, spiritual listening